Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Why Immigration is a Blessing

In the last few weeks a few of us have had some issues in maintaining our current visa with immigration. There are frustrations no doubt but the more we try to reason, the worse it is for us. Our family has to effectively leave the country in 10 days to return on a new visa. What that new visa is, we are not yet sure of. While we have 3 or 4 irons in the fire so to speak, none of them seem to be ready and some could be months away. Still, this is not unusual nor surprising for us.

As a married couple, we can honestly say that over the last 10 years, we have never seen further than the next step. Prior to that, I was the one laying the stepping stones so I got to see them all and even decide where they went. God has been teaching us that placing the stepping stones is not our job. Even being able to see them is not always necessary. Honestly, I am more comfortable now not having the foresight. Don't get me wrong, I love my 5 and 10 year plans and still have them. I try to configure them as I see God leading but my plans will always be second to God's next step for us.

10 years ago, having this visa uncertainty would have stressed me out and I would be in overdrive trying to fix it all rather than meditating on the current situation. Now, I will put my hand to the plough as God shows me and trust Him for the results.

Tonight I prayed that God would not keep us in this place 1 day less than His plan nor 1 day more. My prayer is that we will be here in this place as long as He sees fit. We hope and plan for many years and believe that to be the case. Even so, we trust that he will provide in His time and in His way.

We work and wait in anticipation for God to show up and illuminate the next step for us in the weeks to come. He hasn't failed to guide us perfectly yet and we don't believe He will stop now. Give us greater faith we pray in Jesus name!

No comments:

Post a Comment