Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Is the homosexual lifestyle confined only to 2 people?

We are constantly told today by mainstream media that homosexuality is a private lifestyle that we, the public, have no right to voice concern over. Is this really correct? What argument has been made other than appealing to peoples emotions? Is the foundation for homosexuality nothing more than the desire to fulfill selfish passions or is there more? Are there sound arguments that we can seriously consider as we debate this topic that has bought the slogan of tolerance back into the spotlight? Can we as a community safely embrace the homosexual lifestyle, knowing that there will be no implications on our communities and the communities of my children? If there are any effects, are they positive, neutral or negative?

I have posted below some factual statistics that challenge the perception projected by the media today. I know statistics can be interpreted in different ways but I hope the Center for Disease Control and the other refereed organisations can be trusted with professional integrity in their analysis. Can I ask that as difficult as it is, that we remove ourselves from the emotional hotpot to intelligently discuss these results and the real life implications. If I had a friend who was living in a life of personal destruction via alcohol, drugs or anything else, I would step in because I love and care for him. This is my intent in this post. I do not push a personal agenda that I can personally gain from. I do not wish to pull people down because of an idealism that I hold to blindly. I love and care for homosexuals and because of that I hope that i can shed some light on the true realities of their destructive lifestyle. I also love and care for my community, my family, friends and country. I do not wish that they unnecessarily bear the burden of consequences from a lifestyle that we naively embraced without consideration.



According to the American College of Pediatricians who cite several studies, “Violence among homosexual partners is two to three times more common than among married heterosexual couples.” (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5424a2.htm)

A representative study from Norway and Sweden, which have sanctioned same-sex partnerships since the 1990s, found that within five years of entering a legal union, “gay male relationships are 50 percent more likely to break up than heterosexual marriages, while lesbian relationships are 167 percent more likely to break up than heterosexual marriages.” (Stanton L. Jones, “Same-Sex Science,” First Things [Feb. 2012]: 32).

A study published in the International Journal of Epidemiology on the mortality rates of homosexuals concluded they have a significantly reduced life expectancy: In a major Canadian centre, life expectancy at age twenty for gay and bisexual men is eight to twenty years less than for all men. (Robert S. Hogg et al., "Modeling the Impact of HIV Disease on Mortality in Gay and Bisexual Men," International Journal of Epidemiology 26 [1997]: 657).

The CDC stated the following regarding syphilis in the United States: “…approximately 64 percent of all adult P&S syphilis cases in 2004 were among men who have sex with men, up from an estimated 5 percent in 1999” (http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r051108.htm)

A 2004 study by a group of University of Chicago researchers reveals a high level of promiscuity and unhealthy behavior among that city's homosexual male population. According to the researchers, 42.9 percent of homosexual men in Chicago's Shoreland area have had more than 60 sexual partners, while an additional 18.4 percent have had between 31 and 60 partners...As a result, 55.1 percent of homosexual males in Shoreland--known as Chicago's “gay center”--have at least one sexually transmitted disease, researchers said.” (Rexcerpt from The Sexual Organization of the City - Chapter 2 - The Chicago Health and Social Life Survey Design - concerning Chicago's “Shoreland” area)

“In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in Journal of Sex Research (1997, 2000), Paul Van de Ven et al., found that only 2.7 percent claimed to have 7 had sex with one partner only. The most common response, given by 21.6 percent of the respondents, was of having a hundred-one to five hundred lifetime sex partners.” (Paul Van de Ven et al., "A Comparative Demographic and Sexual Profile of Older Homosexually Active Men," Journal of Sex Research 34 (1997): 354. Dr. Paul Van de Ven reiterated these results in a private conversation with Dr. Robert Gagnon on September 7, 2000.) 

During the year 2003, the CDC estimated that about 63% of newly diagnosed HIV infections in the U.S. were among men who were infected through sexual contact with other men. (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5424a2.htm)

In 2007 the Los Angeles Times reported the frequency of methamphetamine use is 20 times greater among homosexuals than in the general population.

This is not fear mongering or hate speech by any means, please do not misunderstand my intentions here. These are statistics that indicate that the above mentioned lifestyle has some serious issues (more than average). These statistics along with many more, indicate that a homosexual lifestyle has a huge negative impact on the wider community and is not confined between 2 people behind closed doors. Is it right to encourage people to continue to live in this lifestyle? Would we encourage an alcoholic to embrace his destructive habits? A drug user? A gambler? Of course we wouldn't so why do we advocate the homosexual lifestyle and encourage those living that way to continue to do so despite the evidence at hand? 

What is the truth of this matter? Is this really about tolerance and accepting people for who they are and what they do, even if it is no good for them or the communities in which they live? Or is it really about people promoting their own selfish lusts for personal gain at the cost of the wider community? I know from the evidence that I have seen, that this is a lifestyle that I do not want my children to have to bear the consequences of in their society to come (health, relational, etc). 

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Defending our beliefs by grouping this behaviour with other socially unacceptable acts (say murder or theft and the like) doesn't cut the mustard...A factual, unemotional representation of the pitfalls of this behaviour is what is required. Should we be surprised that the Bible forbids behaviours that may hurt us or others? Of course not!! The author is also our creator and knows what is best for us, without bias.

    Homosexuality is not a personal choice with no negative consequence as the pro-same sex people would have us believe.

    Could we include some stats wrt children raised in same sex relationships?

    ReplyDelete